Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why I Preach

0
In the emptiness of my fallow speech
I form my lips to utter some sound
that might illuminate the grandeur of who you are
to those whom you love and have entrusted into my care

I love to preach - to present the truth of God's word to those who have ears to hear. One of the challenges of preaching is the vastness of the audience. On any given Sunday, we have those who are new to the faith and are still growing in their basic understanding concerning the foundational concepts of God's truth and Love; and then we have the life long Christ follower who could probably preach the message better than me(some have even told me so :)

I don't say this to complain; I love the challenge. But the one thing I have to keep in my mind is that I am not trying to please you - no offense - I am just trying to honor God with what He calls me to do week in and week out. Just wanted to give you a window into the struggle of a guy who tries to be faithful to God's word and give you some insight into a thought of someone who gets to stand before God's people and speak.

So I invite you to come hear the feeble words of someone who just genuinely loves God this Sunday as we begin a new series called You are Here

Talk at you soon

Pastor Rich

No Response to "Why I Preach"

Post a Comment