Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How I Think

0
I'm sure most of us are glad that people don't see all of our thoughts. Often, our mind is a battleground. It's why I love the scripture that says, we have the mind of Christ(1 Corinthians 2:16).

We all struggle with how we think about things, and that struggle is often a process of seeking a God orientation about what our view should be. We deal with this every day, it's just that some days are more difficult than others.

On 9/11, most of us in the Washington DC area were confronted with some very challenging thoughts. I know my thoughts affected me that day. For some period of time I was paralyzed by my own thoughts about what was taking place and by the horror that I was viewing on my TV screen. How do we cope with our thoughts? What boundaries/guardrails can we put in place before the moment of crises, temptation, struggle that can protect us and guide us through the challenging moment.

Come join us this Sunday as we reflect and remember the heroes and the loss of 9/11; and as we begin a new sermon series - Guardrails. I'll be preaching about How I/We Think.

See you Sunday

Pastor Rich

No Response to "How I Think"

Post a Comment