Friday, January 14, 2011

On the Ready

0
I used to drive a Ford Thunderbird...wait for it here comes the good part....SC. Now SC means supercharged. It had a more than a little extra. This was not your fathers T-Bird. It was a black, lean, T-topped driving machine. I have no idea about gas mileage, that was back in the day when gas was a tad cheaper (90's).

Anyhow it had such potential at speed. I loved to be on the highway and punch it. In fact for a passenger it was always fun to watch that head flip back toward the headrest. I am totally serious it would go and quickly. I didn't need a lot of speed driving around neighborhoods, but I found the passion for the power on hills, to pass someone, and of course for good ol fun.

This week I will be sharing the passage in Romans that challenges, even commands us to keep our spiritual fervor. We often equate that fervor with some high energy emotional action. That can be true, but that is not all fervor is. In fact fervor and zeal, passion are necessary in our Christian journey, sometimes to overcome hills, sometimes to pass by obstacles, sometimes just for good ol fun. Christianity should be loads of fun, I hope you are having a good journey.

Maybe we need to change our thinking...because I can't live at some high emotional level, but I can be on the ready to press the gas and see that spiritual passion rise to the occasion. There are some keys to staying fueled up - so I hope to see you Sunday it could be huge.

blessings

Pastor Jay

No Response to "On the Ready"

Post a Comment