Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lighten the Load

0
As we all are into a new year there is no doubt that a number of items have come up for us to do. Maybe we have some goals that require a new discipline? Maybe this season of winter has had an affect on our energy. Maybe we are feeling a little overwhelmed with keeping up the family items and personal lists. The commute is a bit longer. Weather is altering our normal schedule. All of this comes at us and can feel a bit overwhelming.

I remember a pastor saying to me one time...I am so busy that I need to pray for two hours instead of one. He reported that this time out, enabled his time in to be incredibly productive. His stress lowered and his ability to stay focused on the main things proved this principle out. It proved scripture out as well... Matt 11:28,29 states: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

I am continually learning to lean on Jesus, finding rest In Him and experiencing the truth of His gentleness. It is a hard lesson to learn for someone like me that likes to be in control and feel a sense of accomplishment from my To Do list. May we all learn to take this scripture to heart. Go to Him and let His love surround you in a fresh way ...do that today.

Pastor J

No Response to "Lighten the Load"

Post a Comment