Monday, September 20, 2010

Simplicity of the Segway

1
I just rode my first Segway this past Sunday. We had them in the church fellowship hall/gym and folks were given rides (laps) around the gym. As I watched people jump up and take off it looked like a simple thing. When it came my turn I was amazed at how you made it go. No buttons just pressure from your toes to go. A simple lean and that is how you turn. I jumped on it and within just a few seconds I was on my way and in control. The Segway was doing the work but I was the one driving.

There is a lesson to be learned here. Most often people make life complicated. They, by there own devices allow life to become noisy, fast paced, hectic, even frantic. The over schedule, over promise, over do it - in an effort to pursue the American dream.

God has a plan for our lives, not to make them perfect, but to make them simpler. When we listen to his instructions and pursue His dream for us, it gets easier. Make no mistake, I am not saying without difficulty. What I am saying is that it works for us not against us. The Segway worked with me to help me get forward movement. That is what God is saying to us in his word when he says..."Take my yoke which is easy, and my burden which is light" (Matt 11:29.30). What could we do get out of the Rat Race and join God's Race. What could we do to change how we live ...so that its for His dream not our own.

1 Response to Simplicity of the Segway

September 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Hi Pastor Jay, I really like the topic about BIG DREAM and for two consecutive Sundays that I was listening to the sermon about BIG DREAM, this quotation kept on running in my mind and I want to share with you. "It's FREE to dream, why not dream big. ATTEMPT great things for God, EXPECT great things from God. For we serve a BIG GREAT GOD". HE WHO CAN SEE THE INVISIBLE CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE.(Sorry I forgot the person who quoted this).

Post a Comment