Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Make the Father Happy

0
Well its Father's Day this Sunday. We will honor our father's this Sunday in a celebration and recognition of the role of father. As a father I have to tell you something funny about this week. I went to Chloe's (my 7 yr old) award ceremony. She got two awards for citizenship and reading. She like every other kid walked into the room looking for mom and dad, beaming at the recognition of them and knowing we were present.

I grinned as every kid that stood to receive their award. They would first upon hearing their name, stand up, then turn to audience for eye contact with their parent, smile, and then proudly walk to the stage. As I grow older, I sure appreciate the joy you see in children. I love it when the kids are happy, proud, and enjoying the moment.

I can only imagine that God our Heavenly Father loves it when we make that eye contact with Him. When we flash a smile and make our Father proud. When we work and live to show that we belong to this family and we want to make our family look good. Do you live like that? Do you live to make God smile on a daily basis? I am convinced that He loves us far more than how we love our own. His Love is what makes us Unstopppable.

This week you will see and learn about that incredible love in story of an Unstoppable Comeback. Why a comeback? Because we all need one. We all fail but as we are told in Prov 24:16 "a righteous man falls seven times and rises again." He keeps going, He gets back up.

We are Unstoppable when we really believe scripture and apply it to our life. Do not miss this Sunday at Horizons Church.

No Response to "Make the Father Happy"

Post a Comment